|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
HELLO! WELCOME TO THE SUSTENANCE WEBSITE
Sustenance is a eco-friendly, plastic free packaging refill shop. We want to give you an alternative to the supermarkets! Vote with your wallet and shop in ethical, friendly, local shops like ours.
- We sell a lot of household goods from co-operative run wholesalers that are ethically ran and use small environmentally friendly farmers.
- All of our food is organic where possible, all of it sold by weight (so you can buy as little or as much as you want).
Included in our range we have
- Herbs and spices.
- Pastas and different types rice.
- Dried lentils, peas and beans
- Chocolate buttons (2 are vegan!)
- Breakfast cereals and oats.
- Flour, stocks and nutritional yeast.
- Olive Oil, Cyder Vinegar and Soy Sauce.
- Household cleaning products such as plastic free washing up clothes, scrubbers and brushes.
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- Washable make-up remover pads.
- Recycle aluminium foil, food bin liners and coffee filters.
- Shampoo & Conditioner Bars.
- Liquid refills for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.
- Eco-Friendly cleaning product range (we have a really big range)
- dishwasher powder
- laundry liquids (bio and non-bio)
- fabric conditioner
- multi-surface cleaner
- glass cleaner
- cream cleanser
- washing-up liquid (ginger and fragranced)
- toilet cleaner
- white vinegar
- liquid hand soap
- rinse aid
- We specialise in health foods and have lots of the ‘alternative grains’ like kamut grain, spelt grain, spelt flakes, buckwheat, buckwheat flour, hempseeds and coconut sugar.
For more information about us and the zerowaste movement in general please take a look at the about page.
We work from several locations: West Norwood as a Pop-Up Shop and in Brixton as a market stall. To see the days and times for these different places please click the where we are and when tab.
To find out how buying from us works you can click on how does it all work.
Simply put zero waste (ZW) is less rubbish.
The main aim of ZW is to cut down on single use plastic.
For example, the plastic bags that pasta comes in. Instead of a plastic bag being made, used once to put pasta in and then thrown away Sustenance supplies unpackaged food for people to buy and carry away in paper bags or, preferably, in their own containers.
By doing this we’ll cut out the wasteful single use plastic bag, pollution of the environment and unessecary use of and production of carbon which is in turn spurring climate change.
But don't panic, no one is expecting an overnight change in habits so start with small steps where you can.